From this assessment, Carbon Footprint Ltd set us short-term and long-term science-based targets to reduce our carbon footprint.
In the short-term, we have committed to work towards a 40% reduction in emissions per £M turnover by 2030, and in the long-term a 92% reduction in emissions per £M turnover by 2050.
Below are a few of the ways we are currently reducing our emissions and changing our ways of working to be a more sustainable business for the future:
of our fleet of company cars are either fully electric or hybrid
of our warehouse energy is powered by solar panels
of our staff force are hybrid workers, reducing our carbon footprint
of our brands now use labels made from paper and are 100% recyclable
of our plastic and glass bottles and cans are recyclable
we are utilising the latest technology to reduce our need to print
the upcoming months and years...
So, what does reducing our operational carbon footprint look like over the coming months and years?
- Engage with suppliers and logistics providers to ensure we are working with like-minded partners who have ambitions similar to our own
- Engage with external landlords to ensure all properties are on a 100% renewable electricity tariff by 2025
- Begin switching the owned lorry fleet to use Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO) fuels
- Transition 100% of company cars and vans to electric by 2040
- Transition to a fully zero-carbon logistics fleet by 2050
- Reduce business travel where possible
- Constantly review manufacturing processes to reduce our impact on the environment where possible