We are Global Brands Ltd – the leading independent drinks brand development business that owns, markets and distributes an enviable collection of products across the RTD/RTS, spirits, soft drinks and beer categories.
We’ve developed some of the best performing brands in the market place such as VK, HOOCH and Franklin & Sons.
Our recipe for success involves spotting market trends early, knowing our customers’ business goals and needs, and having expert buying, marketing and sales teams.
At Global Brands, we are more than just beverages; we’re curators of experiences that enhance moments and forge connections. Our extensive range of brands, known and loved by many, is a testament to our commitment to quality, innovation, and excellence in the drinks sector.
Our Head Offices are based within our own award winning 4-star Hotel CASA in Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire.
The business is growing and as such we are strengthening our technical and quality management functions
We are looking for a team member who can help develop our compliance and quality systems, and contribute to our rapidly increasing new product development challenges.
Our ideal candidate will be adept at maintaining the existing strong relationships with our manufacturing partners, particularly with their technical, quality and process teams, and will also be at ease developing new relationships when these arise.
As part of the team, the main focusses of the role will be;
- To monitor, maintain and analyse quality performance and individual packer results which may require site visits to ensure packers are observing the company’s requirements.
- Responsibility for monitoring quality standards of Raw materials and Packaging materials, liaising with suppliers of all materials in matters of quality, and specification.
- To contribute to new product development, working closely with our supply partners to deliver innovative new products. Alongside our marketing department, this would include routine tasting of our drinks, and organising taste panels for product development.
- Other key taskings include assisting in ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements (food safety, food labelling, HMRC and Weights & Measures etc).
- The job will require some travelling within the UK.
- To become competent in all aspects of regulatory and compliance issues, liaising with appropriate trade associations and other bodies to keep up to date.
- To liaise and assist with export on matters of regional legislation and labelling and other compliances.
- To create product documentation to deliver clear and accurate product information for our trade partners.
- Handling consumer and trade queries as they arise.
- Minimum A level qualified preferably degree level
- Food technology and production experience
- Minimum of 18 years of age due to licensing legislation
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Have well developed communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain supplier relationships
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel: Numeracy skills are a key requirement and the ability to perform simple calculations
- Flexible time management
- Driving licence so that you are able to visit our supply partners
We manage all our recruitment processes in house. Please no agency enquiries or calls.
Interviews will be conducted via video software in the first instance moving to face-to-face meetings in our offices for final rounds.