Teichenné is the original, entirely natural flavoured schnapps, available in a dizzying rainbow of flavours: Peach, Apple, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Vanilla, Melon, Lemon, Strawberry, Raspberry, Banana, Green Apple, Kiwi, Blackcurrant, Coffee and Coconut.
The range dates back to 1956, when oenologist Juan Teichenné Senaux left France for the Catalan region of Spain, set up a winery in the small town of L'Arboç and began handmaking liqueurs. After Juan died, in the 1970s, his son Joan Teichenné Canals took over the company and decided to promote the liqueurs nationally.
The craze for Teichenné spread around Spain and by 1989 the brand was the market leader. In 1994 the distillery expanded and moved to Bellvei del Penedès and by 2000 the new distillery was producing around 3 million litres of alcohol every year. Today Teichenné schnapps are enjoyed all over the world.
Teichenné peach schnapps is the discerning bartender's choice and its butterscotch is a key shooter ingredient. All schnapps in the Teichenné range can be enjoyed as a chilled shot, over ice or in a range of contemporary cocktails.
And the name? Say "Teh-chen-nay".
All 17% abv
- Green Apple: Manzana Verde delivers a delicious 'Granny Smith' nose, which is backed by sharp green apple on the palate with the faintest cinnamon finish.
- Butterscotch: Well balanced sweet caramel leads to a creamy toffee finish.
- Blackcurrant: A fruits of the forest nose opens onto a very berry palate with a slightly dry, cranberry finish.
- Coconut: Sweet coconut aroma is followed by a smooth, creamy finish.
- Strawberry: The burst of summer fruits and creamy texture is preceded by an initial sweet bite.
- Chocolate: The rich dark chocolate aroma entices with a suggestion of bonbons and Bournville.
- Apple: Ripe red apple skin flavours give way to freshly baked apple pie.
- Coffee: Lightly roasted coffee beans on the palate accompany a sweet espresso aroma.
- Peach: Soft peach melba sundae offers a hint of sharp nectarine sorbet.
- Banana: Sun-ripened banana aroma backed by a little baked banana freshness.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla pod on the palate plus a subtle note of cocoa powder over crème brulée.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed Sicilian lemons are followed by a bittersweet lemon meringue finish
- Raspberry: A raspberry jam nose precedes a creamy, raspberry cheesecake topping on the palate.
- Melon: Fresh, juicy honeydew melon offers a refreshing crisp finish.
- Kiwi: The zingy taste of kiwi fruit brings summer to life.
Suggested serve: Catalan Summer
150ml of Teichenne Peach schnapps
25ml Chambord raspberry liqueur
100ml pink grapefruit juice
200ml of Spanish rioja wine
Fresh Strawberries, Raspberries and Peach Slices
Method: Simply 2ll a 2-pint jug with ice, mix in your fresh slices of summer fruits including strawberries, raspberries and peach slices. Pour in 150ml of Teichenne Peach schnapps, 50ml gin, 25ml Chambord raspberry liqueur, 100ml pink grapefruit juice and 200ml of Spanish rioja wine. Mix thoroughly and serve in a tall glass.