Global Brands is the leading independent drinks brand development business that owns, markets and distributes an enviable collection of products across the RTD, spirits, soft drinks and beer categories. Founded in 1997, our company grew rapidly following the launch of ready-to-drink brand, VK, and this success has continued through strategic vision, insight-led product development and an ambition to become the UK’s No.1 drinks company.
We now export to over 40 countries worldwide and work with people who pride themselves on understanding how our brands fit within the market place and relate to consumers, ensuring that both our company and product range grow organically.
Global Brands' portfolio now includes market leading products such as VK, Corky’s, Amigos Tequila Flavoured Beer, Kick Energy drink, Jungfrau herbal liqueur, Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew, Hooper's range of refreshingly British alcoholic beverages and Buddy's Bourbon Flavored Beer. Above all, we are committed to promoting responsible drinking and aspire to enhance people’s leisure time with a range of quality, versatile drinks brands for every occasion.
- May 1997 - GBL International is founded by Steve Garcia Perez who spots a gap in the market for a more affordable RTD. GBL International is later re-launched as Global Brands Ltd
- July 1999 - The first Global Brands product is launched – VK Vodka Kick
- January 2001 - VK Blue is launched and quickly becomes Global Brands’ best selling product
- May 2001 - Following an announcement that VK case sales have hit five million, Chairman Steve Perez is named ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’
- November 2002 - The Corky’s range is added to the Global Brands portfolio
- From 2005 - VK Sales reach 20 million, the Corky’s range takes off and sales reach 2.5 million bottles
- June 2007 - Global Brands acquires beer brands and also becomes the official distributor of Sobieski vodka in the UK
- February 2008 - Global Brands signs an agreement with Diageo GB to distribute Goldschläger cinnamon schnapps and Myers’s Rum
- March 2008 - Another market first is launched to tap into the resurgence of cocktail culture, VK Mojito, the ‘cocktail in a bottle’
- June 2008 - Global Brands launches its first soft drink – Kick Energy
- June 2009 - Adding to its beer portfolio, Global Brands launches Amigos - a rival to the leading sunshine beers
- June 2009 - Global Brands unveils VK LO – the first ever low calorie, low alcohol RTD, and the Morning Advertiser's, ‘Top Product Launch’ of 2009
- April 2010 - Global Brands acquires premium spirits agency, Inspirit Brands
- July 2010 - An on trade exclusive is launched by Global Brands - Kick Ultra, energy that's designed to mix with anything
- November 2010 - Global Brands moves to its new HQ - the 4-star Casa hotel in Chesterfield, which is also owned by Steve Perez
- January 2011 - Global Brands' NPD drive continues as Jungfrau Krauter Likor and Fratello Hazelnut Liqueur are launched to the market
- April 2011 - Global Brands and Thorntons Master Chocolatier, Keith Hurdman join forces to create Thorntons Chocolate Liqueur, an indulgent 17% ABV chocolate liqueur made with West African cocoa, premium vodka and cream
- June 2011 - Global Brands becomes the UK distributor of Hollywood actor, Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head vodka
- January 2012 - Global Brands' Export Department reports triple digit growth as brands from the company portfolio are made available in over 40 countries
- April 2012 - The company portfolio is streamlined to focus on brands with potential for significant growth and scale, and the NPD pipeline continues
- March 2013 - Amigos Tequila Flavoured Beer is in triple digit growth, and as the Spirit Beer category continues to show real potential, Global Brands reveals its latest NPD - Buddy's Bourbon Flavored Beer, which features hints of real honey